Here is a list of 26 lessons I’ve learned thus far; I share it with you in the hopes that it reminds you of the lessons you’ve learned so far. Pausing and looking back at past experiences to extract the lessons learned might surprise you. It did me. What do you think? Disagree? Let me know!
1. Bad things do happen to good people. It is not what happens to us that matters most but what we do with what happens.
2. Crying, laughing, anger and joy are all part of being human. Embrace them.
3. Do not be quick to judge someone; it will quickly damage the relationship.
4. Failure is temporary, and so is success. No big successes come before experiencing some failures.
5. Fear is the biggest obstacle to joy and fulfillment. Act in spite of fear.
6. Finding your life partner is more about developing yourself than finding the perfect person.
7. Greed will quickly make you feel empty.
8. How you see things now are likely to change, be open to new perspectives.
9. Intelligence doesn’t get you very far, hard work and determination do.
10. Lack of clarity simply means lack of information.
11. Lasting motivation is only intrinsic; it is the culmination of a strong desire driven by passion.
12. Look for ways to add value through the passions you were given, it will bring you fulfillment.
13. Most times it is best to pave your own path in life. Being authentic is the most important part in that process.
14. Nothing and nobody lasts forever so make the best of all you have.
15. Our calendars must reflect what is important to us.
16. Realize that what you do and who you are today will ultimately create what you will have and who you will be tomorrow.
17. Stepping out of your comfort zone is the only way to grow, so keep stepping out.
18. Take pictures, write in a journal… someday you will be glad you did.
19. Taking full responsibility for everything in our lives is the first step to freedom.
20. The only constant in life is change; those that thrive seek to create the change.
21. The quality of your life equals the quality of your health, not the quality of your bank account.
22. Value your friendships but know when to get new friends.
23. When an opportunity arises, it is best to seize it quickly.
24. Wounds are healed through time, even if it doesn’t seem like it right now.
25. You don’t know what you don’t know, so keep learning.
26. You never get too old to be a kid.
As time passes by, the lessons learned increase almost exponentially IF we stop and analyze.